From Ordinary to Spectacular
-- The Landscape Challenge
by Matt Stano, President,
Stano Landscaping, Inc.
After 50 years in the landscape business, I can say from first-hand experience
that landscaping can transform just about any property from ordinary to spectacular.
It can add considerably to the overall value and appeal of a home.
That's why I personally field many calls to answer questions about our services.
Here are typical questions and my responses:
Why should I update my landscape?
First, remember that your landscape makes a definite statement about your
property -- it is the entryway to your home. When it looks good, people tend to
think the inside looks as good as the outside. And secondly, curb appeal can even
increase your home's value.
Where do I begin?
If you're thinking of big changes, it's important to follow the right order.
- Look at the size of your plants and ask yourself whether they are so
overgrown that they are no longer in scale with your property.
- Check to see if your plants cover your windows. If so, you may me at the
point where plant material is overtaking your house.
- Remember that even small changes can make a difference. Expanding a
flower bed, moving a shrub to a new location, or just adding a few new
flowers can give a different appearance and a fresher look. It's like
rearranging your furniture or changing the color of your walls.
First comes hardscaping, then the principle elements (such as trees and shrubs),
then filler plants.
Stano Can Help You
- For hardscaping, there are lots of options to choose from. You can add
retaining walls made of blocks and boulders, straight or curved walkways
made of manufactured and natural stone or pavers that come in a wide
variety of styles, colors and patterns.
- Trees and shrubs should fit the scale of the property and the space.
Selection should be appropriate for the amount of sunlight
- We also suggest mixing up the plantings. We like to use a mix of evergreens
and deciduous plants along with perennials for splashes of color.
- For bordering, a wide variety of new products can be used to border flower
beds for a clean, updated look.
- And, it's always great to use containers to enhance front entryways where
you can have two-, three-, or four-season displays.
Perhaps you have been considering a landscape update. Remember that Stano
offers a full range of services and our team is ready to help you with your project,
regardless of size. Call us today.
All of Stano's service offerings are geared toward beautiful environments. These
Distinctive Residential and Commercial Landscape Designs and
Patios, Driveway and Brick Paving
Natural Stone Hardscaping
Total Landscape Management and Horticultural Services
Fences and Decks
Walkways and Terraces
Insect and Disease Control
Tree Trimming and Removal
Pruning and Shaping
Click here for one client's story